Monday 18 October 2010

From this to this


Sometimes I'm asked to work from photographs supplied by clients or from my own photography to produce paintings of a favourite scene or subject. This is a great way to commission your own piece of art with a personal touch, perhaps of a favourite view which means something to you.

Here are a few examples to demonstrate how this has worked for clients. If you have your own view waiting to be turned into a piece of art let me know I'm always more than happy to create something special and personal to you.

View from Gabriel's Wharf ... Big bright bold popart styled painting of London. This is one of the best views of St Pauls and Blackfriars.





5th Avenue ... a view from the twin towers sadly no longer there, I still have happy memories of Manhattan and New York and they were captured through my lens and eventually onto this large canvas, now residing in Sydney, Australia.

  


Old Harry Rocks painted from one of my photographs for a client who lives on the South coast very near this view.








Alpine View ... I painted this alpine view from a photograph supplied by the client of their favourite view in the French Alps close to their chalet. They had been given some money as a wedding gift and wanted to capture some memories of a special place. It has been said that the painting is better than the original photograph, even though I say so myself I have to agree.




More of my work can be seen at my website: www.simonsgallery.com