Tuesday 23 November 2010

Ever Changing London

The London Skyline is changing so rapidly at the moment I'm holding fire on painting panoramic city views until later next year when new buildings such as the Shard are completed. Today apparently the Shard passed the height level of 1 Canada Square! I'm looking forward to it's impact on the skyline alongside the Helter Skelter and other proposed buildings around Blackfriars and of course to painting them in due course.


In the meantime there are plenty of classic views to be had, I'd call them protected views as it's unlikely that certain views of St Pauls and Westminster for example will ever be allowed to change.


On my to do list are more of the Gherkin, Greenwich & Canary Wharf, Tower Bridge and the pool of London, and like to continue on my theme of 100 views of St Pauls! I may never get there but it's worth having ambition. Whilst developing my London portfolio I'll also be getting started on New York and Manhattan as there are plenty of iconic buildings and views there, possibly more so than in London, and it's one of my favourite cities. Liberty and the Chrysler Building are on my to do list for early next year.

Watch this space, as they say, for more iconic views of my favourite cities. And if you're in the banking industry send some of your bonus this way and get yourself a piece of iconic cityscape art to wow your friends & colleagues before someone else snaps it up :0)