Tuesday 17 April 2012

London Tube Map Painting

 

London Underground

Original London Painting by Simon Fairless

I had considered creating this as a more abstract piece leaving out the station names and other details. When I was painting it however I realised that this was going to hang probably in a London Flat and it might be useful to include the station names.

I've used it myself planning a journey before leaving for London and it's probably the most useful London Painting you're ever likely to own. It is a stunning piece even though I say so myself and and I'm happy to have it hanging in my home at the moment. I have considered carrying it around the tube network using it to guide me through London, it would raise a few eyebrows I'm sure as I got my not so convenient map out! I hope you enjoy a design classic which it certainly is with a twist of Simon Style.

View more great art at: www.simonsgallery.com